1. MANAGEMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
(2) We will only use personal information provided by you for the purposes for which it was collected and we will not disclose your personal information to a third party. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business or servicing you so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
(3) This policy details how we safeguard your personal information and our privacy obligations to you in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APPs) in the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
2. MEANING OF ‘PERSONAL INFORMATION’
Personal information means information we hold about you from which we can determine your identity or where your identity can be reasonably established.
3. TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
The type of personal information we collect from you generally comprises your name, address (home, business and email), Internet Protocol (IP) address, contact details (telephone, mobile, facsimile) and financial information which is relevant to the goods or services you purchase or require from us. We may also collect information relating to your social media profiles with your consent.
4. PURPOSES FOR WHICH PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We collect the personal information from you should you wish to purchase goods or services from us or should you contact us, for example, by subscribing to our Website mailing list or asking for information. Any financial information collected through our Website is used for the sole purpose of completing a transaction approval or funds transfer. Without this information, we would be unable to achieve the purpose for which the information was given to us. We do not disclose information to overseas recipients unless you have consented.
5. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use or disclose your personal information for the purpose for which it was collected including where you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose your personal information.
The Website may contain links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of other websites and you access destination links at your own risk.
7. FUTURE CONTACT AND YOUR PRIVACY
We may use the personal information we collect from you to contact you and provide you with updated information about the Website or to provide you with other information about our goods or services. If you do not wish to receive such information, please notify us at the contact details below.
8. ACCESS AND SEEKING CORRECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We take reasonable steps to ensure the personal information we collect is accurate, up to date and complete. If you require access to your personal information, please contact us. To ensure confidentiality, your personal information will only be disclosed to you if we are satisfied that the information relates to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to deny access to or correct your personal information.
9. DATA SECURITY
We have taken reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. We employ appropriate technical, administrative and physical procedures to protect personal information from misuse, interference and loss, unauthorised disclosure or alteration. The financial information we collect from you is strictly confidential and held on secure servers in controlled facilities. However, you transmit information to us at your own risk as no information transmitted over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We cannot accept responsibility for misuse or loss of, or unauthorised access to, personal information where the security of information is not within our control. You are solely responsible for keeping any passwords and/or account information private.
10. WEBSITE PRIVACY
When you visit the Website or download information from it, our Internet Service Provider (ISP) makes a record of your visit and records the following information:
- your Internet Address;
- your domain name (if applicable);
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- previous site visited; and
- browser type.
This information is anonymous and does not identify individual users. You can also configure your Internet browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent.
You can make a complaint if you believe that we have breached your privacy. Please direct your complaint to email@example.com. Complaints will be reviewed by us and a response will be provided within 30 days of receipt of the complaint by us.
Privacy Statement last updated 19.02.2015.