RAWNOLA HOMEMADE CEREAL
Posted: 27th March 2017
Posted in: Recipes
RAWNOLA HOMEMADE CEREAL
Once again a huge request from my Instagram followers for my latest obsession I have been sharing on my story lately. 100% homemade dreamy Rawnola cereal including the milk- Almond milk to be exact!
If you follow me on Instagram, @lonijane or have my Recipe and Lifestyle EBOOK you would be well aware of one of my most famous recipes, The Loni Jane Rawnola! Life now is not complete without a big batch of it in the fridge. It’s a part of my weekly food prep and it saves me every time, when I’m hungry, busy, snacking, craving and smoothie bowling! Plus it’s filling and very good for you. No additives, no chemicals, no artificial flavors, no added vitamins, no msg, no preservatives… ok, you get the drift. Oats pack quite the protein fiber punch as well as good slow releasing carbs, the dates help you with digestion and elimination of waste and are full of B vitamins such as thiamin, niacin, and riboflavin which assist the body greatly in the breakdown of sugars, energy production, and emotional wellbeing. The almond milk is very alkalizing (most western diets are way to acid forming bringing our bodies PH level down below 7.0 which causes havoc on the body) drinking almond milk and eating lots of plant food helps balance that acid and bring the ph back to its prime alkaline state of 7.3. Almonds are also packed full of calcium, iron, and magnesium, making it the perfect milk for us to consume and no animals were harmed, impregnated, or tortured for our cereal to be enjoyable.
And when I say cereal, I mean cereal you can eat at any time of the day, dinner if you wish! Or a smaller serving for a snack.
Also…I have been consistently making my own almond milk lately and am now wondering why I ever brought store milk for so long!!! Laziness I guess? I really don’t know it baffles me because homemade milk is the best! So creamy, and plus you can control the ingredients, literally this almond milk only has 3 ingredients including the water.
The almond milk will store in tight sealed glass jar/bottle in the fridge for around 5 days, it could be longer but I have never let it go that long cause well I drink it all! Hehe.
The milk is as simple as overnight soaked almonds, rinsed then blended with fresh water and vanilla, put through a nut milk bag and that’s it. Yup, it really is that simple.
Below are the recipes for *Rawnola, the *Almond milk, and the complete homemade *Cereal bowl.
RAWNOLA // YOU WILL NEED
You can half the recipe if you want a smaller batch jar.
2 cups of pitted dates
2 cups of raw rolled oats
2 cups of dried coconut
2 tbs pure maple syrup or brown rice malt syrup (optional)
*raw vegan chocolate (if you’re making the chocolate version)
- Using your large food processor, add equal amounts of all ingredients except for maple syrup.
- Blend and pulse until desired consistency
- (If you are making the chocolate version add ¼ of a cup of raw vegan chocolate (I get mine from The Source Bulk Foods, they have like 30 stores across Australia now, yew! I bloody love that place)
- When combined well. Slowly drizzle a small amount of maple syrup while pulsing,(remember this sweetener is optional) this helps make it be more sticky.
- Store in glass jar in the fridge for 2 weeks, I would be very surprised if you can keep this stuff in your fridge that long without eating it all hehe.
ALMOND MILK // YOU WILL NEED
- 1 cup of almonds
- Vanilla extract
- 1 pitted Medjool date
- Place your almonds in a glass jar and top it with water, let the almonds soak for 12- 24 hours. By soaking them it releases the protein inhibitor and makes the almonds much easier for us to digest and absorb its nutrients that it has on offer.
- After soaking the almonds, rinse them well with fresh water then place the clean almonds in a high speed blender with 1 liter / 1000mls of fresh drinking water plus ½ tsp of vanilla (this could be any type of pure extract) + one pitted date (this is used as a sweetener and is totally optional)
- Blend on high for 4 minutes
- Have your nut milk bag or cheesecloth ready over a large bowl
- (please make sure you wash your hands well before the next step)
- Pour the mixture into the nut milk bag and strain through while squeezing all the liquid out of the pulp
- Using a funnel or pouring jug, pour the milk into a glass bottle with tight seal lid and store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
CEREAL RECIPE // YOU WILL NEED
- Almond milk
- Add the Rawnola to bowl, then top with fresh berries such as blackberries and blueberries (you can use any berries you like!)
- Pour fresh homemade almond milk on top and you have yourself your own vegan homemade cereal that tastes seriously epic.
CHECK OUT MY EBOOKS HERE FOR MORE YUMMY RECIPES!
I hope you love and enjoy my Epic Rawnola cereal creation 🙂
Loni Jane x